Ordering Custom Apparel
Here at Screen Ink we LOVE working with designers on customized apparel orders. Be it screen printing t-shirts and hoodies, embroidering ball caps and beanies or applying custom vinyl names and numbers to sports jerseys. To us, it’s truly a collaboration of artists and craftsmen.
Here are some tips to get you started on the most important part, establishing cost.
- Choose the shirt that’s right for you or your client. Don’t worry about cost just yet, we can look at alternatives later if we end up over your budget. We always suggest browsing our suggested (or most popular) products at screenink.com. We also have a catalog page with links to some of our favorite vendors who offer just a ridiculous amount of brands and styles.
- Figure out your sizing and quantities. The more shirts you order, the lower your price per shirt. With that in mind, order what you need plus a buffer of an extra shirt per size, perhaps, in case someone misjudged their ideal t-shirt size. We can provide specifications for any of our garments that will help you with this process.
- Consider print locations. We do a ridiculous amount of left chest and full back prints. We can also do sleeve prints, side prints, tag prints and even armpit prints. Keep in mind that each print location will add to your total cost per shirt.
- Decide on some ink colors. There’s no tried and true formula for matching Pantone colors in our industry, sadly, but we definitely use PMS guides as a reference. Feel free to share an ideal Pantone color. We charge a flat rate based on volume. If you want to make our lives easier, ask us for a color chart of stock inks that we keep in our inventory. They’re free!
- What’s your turnaround time? Our pricing will have to be adjusted for any order we consider a rush. A rush order in most cases involves expedited shipping of the blank product as well as overtime hours. We adjust pricing to compensate for these otherwise unnecessary expenses.
These five things will help us give you a rock solid price quote. We’re also here to help along the planning stages so feel free to contact us with questions regarding garments, print capabilities, scheduling etc. The best way to organize your information is to utilize the appropriate quote forms via our website. Check it out, hit us up, we’d love to hear from you!
Also, remember to mention your AIGA membership when you place your order to get 10% off your apparel.